Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Out shopping EL CENTRO + FOOD!

 Small vendors selling veggies, and fruits! It so cool   to have a choice in getting GOOD fruits! For a decent price! I love it!

 Next to this square the was a huge catholic church, on the hour the bells rang! That was crazy! But people kept doing their daily thing, not a big deal, it's just annoying bells!!! So we were looking for a local place to eat, and I asked a man walking to the bus stop, what was a good place! So he said "La Chirripona" (no translation) and we found it!
 This is my 2nd coffee in Costa Rica! It was a bit strong so I was glad I had asked for milk to be added! It was still good. My first cup of coffee, was with the sister that I'm staying with, regular store bought. It was good, and for all you coffee drinkers, Baby, Kerry-Berry, and RieChan** I'm bringing some for you! =o)
 We ordered a very local dish, I forget the name. On the right is Carol, from Switzerland! She was showing us around. Very sweet sister =O)
 Fish, white rice, salad (tuna and shell pasta) black beans, picadillo (yucca, tomato, onion, cilantro) and platano.

It was good! It wasn't great, but it was good, it was worth every dollar, $8 to be exact. We enjoyed our day off. Mondays are everyone's off day. No one goes out on service, the friends stay home to catch up with house chores, going to the market place, etc. It was nice just to be out, I was able to talk to people on the bus, they were excited when they will hear me speak spanish with an accent. LOL I'm such a Mexican!

No comments:

Post a Comment